BMWs are known for their performance and luxury, but they also require a bit more maintenance than some other cars. If you want to keep your BMW running smoothly for years to come, it’s important to follow the recommended maintenance schedule.
Here are some of the most important BMW maintenance tasks:
- Oil change: This is the most basic maintenance task, and it should be done every 10,000 miles or 12 months, whichever comes first.
- Air filter: The air filter helps to keep dirt and debris out of your engine, so it’s important to replace it every 15,000 to 30,000 miles.
- Cabin filter: The cabin filter helps to keep pollen and other allergens out of your car’s interior, so it should be replaced every 12,000 to 24,000 miles.
- Brake fluid: Brake fluid is hygroscopic, which means it absorbs moisture over time. This can lead to decreased braking performance, so it’s important to have your brake fluid flushed every 2 years or 30,000 miles.
- Coolant: Coolant helps to keep your engine from overheating, so it’s important to have it flushed every 3 years or 50,000 miles.
- Spark plugs: Spark plugs help to ignite the fuel in your engine, so they’re important for maintaining proper combustion. They should be replaced every 30,000 to 45,000 miles.
- Timing belt: The timing belt helps to synchronize the movement of the camshaft and crankshaft, so it’s important to have it replaced every 60,000 to 100,000 miles.
In addition to these regular maintenance tasks, there are a few other things you can do to keep your BMW running smoothly:
- Check your tire pressure regularly. Underinflated tires can lead to poor handling and increased fuel consumption.
- Rotate your tires every 6,000 to 10,000 miles. This helps to evenly wear the tires and extend their lifespan.
- Get your car serviced by a qualified BMW mechanic. They will be able to diagnose any potential problems and recommend the necessary repairs.
Following the recommended maintenance schedule and taking good care of your BMW will help to ensure that it lasts for many years to come. If you have any questions about BMW maintenance, be sure to consult your owner’s manual or contact a qualified BMW mechanic.
Call to action:
If you have more questions about BMW maintenance, give us a call today at Chapman Auto Repair. We’ll be happy to help you keep your BMW running smoothly for years to come.